Monday, December 17, 2012

Getting ready for Track

Getting ready for the first BU mini meet of the year, gonna keep the milage around 45-50 for the next few weeks and focus on speed and track work for the rest of the month. See if I can run a decent mile and 3k before Abbey and I go to Hawaii in January.

Monday 12/10- Easy 5 miles. felt good.

Tuesday - track work. 2x800 4x400 half rest. This was my first time doing work at 3k-mile pace in a while so I decided to keep the work load pretty low today. 2:26 2:30 70 71 71 68. The fast work certainly felt like a shock to the system, but I was pretty happy with how the work out went. My guess is the next one should feel a bit better.
2 miles warm up 2 mile cool down. 7 mile total.

Wednesday-easy 7 with Tucker. Feels so good to have hunting season be over. I always try to wear bright colors and put as much orange on tuck as I can, but it sure feels nice to be out there and not have to think about hunters at all.

Thursday-easy 7 with Abbey. funspot loop, felt really sluggish today.

Friday- easy 4 miles while my I was getting my winter tires put on the Yaris.

Saturday- BU mini meet 9:18 3k and 4:45 mile

Felt great in the 3k, I got out nice and easy and just tucked in on the inside rail and told myself to stay there and run 37's. There were a few guys in my heat trying to do the same thing, so we packed up and I just tried to stay comfortable. Everything felt great til 10 laps in and then it started getting a bit harder. I held it together slowing down to 38's for a couple laps and then kicked a 33 to finish out the race. Thanks to Greg Hammett for the splits.

The mile, was a bit tougher. I felt pretty comfortable the first 800 in 2:20, but I was hoping to be closer to 2:18, I hoped to be able to close, but just wasnt able to change gears as I got further into the race. Had a weak last lap or two, and was kicking myself afterwards for not bearing down and giving a good last lap.

Overall this was a pretty good day though, Very encouraged by the 3k, because I felt super in control the whole race, even when it started getting harder toward the end. Looking forward to being a bit more aggressive next week and trying to take off some more time. Got in about 10 miles total with WU/CD

Sunday- easy 4 miles. Abbey's calves and mine were killing us after racing in spikes on the track, so we just ran an easy half hour. Felt good after my calves loosened up, but we decided to just keep it short.

Week Total: 44 This has been about my average week since the marathon, and i've been racing well off that. I know I need to start bumping it up again though before I get too used to running 40's every week. Hopefully around 60 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment