Monday, November 21, 2011

Running week ending 11/27

Mon- AM workout 1000, 800, 600, 400, 200, 200
Just a light work out to get the legs used to moving fast again.  It went ok, I threw up at 450 in the 600 and then didn't do my last 200 cause the quicker pace was making my hip hurt, but here's what I got. 3:18 2:38, 76(400 split), 69, 36. Not sure why I threw up this morning, I think I need to stop drinking coffee before my morning work outs. 6 mi total
PM easy 4 miles

Tues- 7 mi easy. Ran on the nordic trails at Gunstock mt. with tucker. Everything felt good, the hip was tight but I'm kinda getting used to that. I'm looking forward to getting out on the trails for some nordic skiing this winter.

Wed- 3 mi easy

Thurs- 5k race 7.5 with wu/cd, Seacoast Rotary Turkey Trot 17:07, Cold, tight legs. hip/groin was very sore after finishing.

Fri- Easy 8 miles with Abbey and the dog on the golf course. Felt good.

Sat- 9 with Tucker (dog) a bit harder. I really worked the first half of the run which climbs saddle hill in meredith. It's a good 30 minute run to the top. You have some nice little down hills and flats on the way up but you are definitely climbing for most of it. I'd say I was dropping under 6 minute pace on the flats and trying to keep the effort steady on the uphills. After the top I took it easy down the backside and didn't worry about my pace so much. very nice run.

No comments:

Post a Comment