Friday, June 8, 2012

Training Week Ending 6/10

Monday- Mountain work out at Gunstock. Hard mile or so up the road to tower on Mt. Rowe 11:00. Easy over the ridge to Flintlock trail, then hard to the summit of Gunstock. Easy back down to parking lot and over to the base of the tower access road, and then hard up to the tower again 9:40 this time. easy again over to gunstock and back down to the car. Abbey and I did a lap around the parking lot to finish off 8 miles for the day.

Tuesday- 81 minutes exploring trails around Whiteface. 11 miles.
I took a trail from the gilford side of whiteface that skirts around the backside, and eventually connects to the logging road that I use to access whiteface from Durrell Mt. Road. I didn't go up cause I was trying to take it easy, just ran back down to Durrell mt. and after a couple more miles I just took Belknap Mt. Road back to the car. Nice run, tried to take it easy, but it was quite a bit of climbing.

Wednesday- Workout Mile, 2x800, 4x400 5:21, 2:39, 2:39, 78, 76, 77, 78
Not quite the work out I wanted today. I wish I had waited til Thursday to do this one, I don't think I was quite recovered from Monday's workout, and tuesday's run probably didn't help. Still not a bad work out, it just felt like a grind from step one. 8 miles total.

Thursday- 6 miles sorta easy
Abbey was doing a work out on the Belknap Mt. auto road, I wish I could have done it, but I had done a track work out the day before. I decided to take a trail up the backside of Gunstock, and then come back over to the top of the auto rd. to see how Abbey was doing with her work out. I was able to run most of the first half of the trail up gunstock, but the second half was really steep, and I had to hike most of it. Took it easy back over to Belknap, and managed to catch Abbey just before she headed back down on her second repeat. only about 2.5 to 3 miles so far. Ran easy with Abbey down to the bottom, about 4 or so now. Just ran out to the end of the road and back up easy until I met up with Abbey on her way back down. I did this while she did her last repeat too. I was worried about all the climbing I was getting in, but just decided that I was taking it easy and walking when it got too steep so it couldn't be too too bad. about 6 miles total on the day.

Friday- Easy 7 miles on the liberty hill trails. About 55 minutes.


Saturday- Easy 3 miles, to shake out before the 10k. Meant to run more, but it was a busy day, so I just squeezed it in before dinner.

Sunday- Newton 10k 36:07 70th place. Tough race. Ran another 4 miles later in the afternoon to make it 12 for the day.

Week Total: 55 miles with 2 work outs and a bad race. Ok week milage wise, I just sorta felt tired, and out of pop most of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment