Saturday, September 22, 2012

Week Ending 9/24 and The Take Opeechee 10k

Monday- Easy 10 miles down in Durham. Ran the Sweet trail out to Long Marsh. I felt good.

Tuesday- Easy 8 miles with Abbey. It was warm with a light rain, we started out fairly easy and were moving pretty well by the end of the run.

Wednesday- Hilly 11 miles.  Went up Whiteface for the first time in a while, I'd forgotten how nice it was up there.

Thursday- 5x1600 with 400 rest. 5:40, 5:43, 5:36, 5:30, 5:18
This work out went well, I got a good warm up in, took my time doing some stretching and drills, then striders before getting started. I felt pretty relaxed through most of the work out, and focused on keeping a good stride rate and moving fast with out pushing too hard. I got a little carried away on that last repeat, but I felt good so I decided to just keep pushing. When you work out by yourself it's rare to feel good, so ya gotta capitalize when you can. 10 miles total with warm up and cool down.

Friday- Easy 4 miles with Tucker up at the Prescott Farm fields.

Saturday- Take Opeechee 10k. Easy win in 35:58. I don't remember my splits exactly, but i went through 2 miles around 11:40, 3 miles in 17:30, 4 miles in 23 something. 5 miles in 29:10 and 6 miles at 34:50, with a 68 for the last .2. Felt pretty good, just trying to run a respectable time, which turned out to be a bit harder than I expected. 9 miles total.

Sunday- Easy 17 miles. Ran 10 by myself and another 7 with Abbey. Felt ok, some spots really good and some not so great.

Week Total: 69 miles. This is my highest week in almost 4 years. Feelin pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment