Monday, April 22, 2013

Just Running.

Monday-4 miles. Ran easy before the marathon. Could have gotten more if i'd gotten started earlier.

Tuesday-9 miles. Was planning on running 3x3 miles with 800 rest with Abbey, but wound up skipping the middle interval to run over and use the bathroom at the park. We went 19:31 for the first repeat and then Abbey got in a 19:28 by herself and I caught back up with her for the last set in 19:45. This was a Good work out for Abbey, probably one of her best of this build up so far.

Wednesday- Easy 5 miles with tucker at prescott farm. Field loops. Prescott farm is about a mile up the road from me so it's a nice place to go with Tucker to run him off leash but the field loop is only about 1000 meters long and just runs a mowed perimeter loop of the field. In the summer the grass grows up like 4 feet tall on either side of the trail and it has some gradual slopes, but for the most part it's pretty boring. After 3 or 4 laps even Tucker starts trying to run back to the car after each loop. 8 laps was pretty good. I wanna try and see how many laps I can build upto though. When I was out there, I knew I needed a rest day, but I kept thinking about trying to get in 10 miles on that loop sometime this summer. Not because it would be a good work out or anything, but just because I think it would be a good mental challenge to just do that over and over again for an hour plus.

Thursday- easy 4 AM, Easy 3 PM Nice easy runs. Ran with my neighbor for the afternoon run, his knee is feeling better, but he was happy to hear I was only planning 3 miles.

Friday- Ran Delta Dental 5k ran about 2 miles warm up and then ran a horrible race. Not sure what my problem was, I might have opened my first 800 too fast, but was through the mile in 5:40, Then about a half mile later Abbey passed me. My legs just felt like crap. I tried to go with Abbey for the next half mile but at about 2 miles later I just gave up and let her go. I jogged it in for a 19:12, pretty embarassing. I ran a mile cool down and then went home and cried. 6 miles total.

Saturday- 13 miles at 6 AM. Scott's Idea to get miles in while still fatigued from the 5k 12 hours ago. It worked, I was wrecked afterwards.

Sunday- Red's Road race. I had originally planned on trying to race this kinda hard, but after fridays poor effort I decided to just get a good stimulus with the long run yesterday instead and I think it was the right thing to do. I still went down to run because the organization I work for is one of the beneficiaries of the race. I reall had a lot of fun going and just taking it easy. It was kinda fun to just relax and enjoy the course. I went out around 6:13 6:30 7:00 around half way through the 3rd mile I was caught by a friend who was having a great race so I picked it up and cruised with him until about 4 miles when he dropped me on the downhill and I just relaxed and ran in easy with Abbey (who was waiting out on the course) and Carolyn Durfee who I ran with in High School. 8 miles total.

Week Total- 52 miles! Nice big jump, and my first week of what I consider to be decent training! Feels good.

1 comment:

  1. Nice week man! Keep training one week at a time! You'll be back in no time.

    ReplyDelete